Golden Milk – Yummy Tumeric Latte
Golden Milk is a self care treat for all three doshas.
Simple and easy to make, tumeric lattes help soothe inflammation. Try it warm or cool over ice!
1 cup unsweetened milk – almond, coconut or your favorite combination
1 tablespoon fresh turmeric root or tumeric powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons coconut oil
Raw honey to taste
Pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt (or ground cinnamon) to put on top (optional)
1. Gently warm the almond milk in a small saucepan.
2. Add the turmeric, ginger and cinnamon.
3. Add the coconut oil to the mixture and gently heat together until melted.
4. Use a wire whisk or place mixture in a blender to create froth.
5. Stir in honey to taste. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sea salt if desired.
Tumeric has many known health benefits.
It bolsters the immune system, purifies the blood, and promotes clear, healthy skin. Turmeric (Curcuma longa) strengthens digestion and eliminates toxins from the GI tract. It supports proper function of the pancreas, reduces kapha, and promotes healthy blood glucose levels that are already within the normal range. Turmeric soothes and nourishes the joint tissue and promotes comfortable movement.
Cleanses the blood and promotes healthy skin*
Strengthens digestion and promotes healthy intestinal flora*
Supports healthy blood glucose levels that are already within the normal range*
Supports comfortable movement of the joints*